The vast majority of Sneakerdeck’s users are trustworthy and online classifieds have been used securely in the U.S. and around the world for decades. Still, it’s important to always take the proper precautions, as you should anytime you buy or sell online.
Our number one priority is and will always be our users’ safety and satisfaction. We want you to have a great experience buying and selling on Sneakerdeck, so take a look at the tips below before you start hunting for your next pair of kicks:
- Meet in person and use cash to complete a transaction, and choose a public place – like a coffee shop, supermarket or mall – to exchange payment and items. Be wary of users who are unable or refuse to meet face-to-face to complete a transaction, those who insist on dealing with something other than cash and those who ask you to mail payment for an item. Don’t send payment to someone you haven’t met in person and don’t buy something without seeing it first.
- Don’t use personal, certified or cashier checks, and never wire money (e.g., Western Union) to another user.
- Beware of users who make unusual requests/suggestions, e.g., if a buyer insists on sending a check for more than the asking price (this is part of a common scam on many sites).
- There are great finds on Sneakerdeck, but be wary of items with unrealistically low prices, catalog photos or other photos that obviously haven’t been taken by the user. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is
- The best way to complete a transaction is to exchange the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit card/check to pay someone in advance.
- Never give out your personal financial information to make or accept a purchase.
- We recommend communicating with other users only via Sneakerdeck’s messaging feature.
- If you have any doubts about a user’s authenticity, find another seller/buyer. Read their reviews, and check their star rating. Always check a seller’s profile page (the same goes for potential buyers).
- Make sure information on the condition of the item, price and payment method is clearly outlined and agreed upon prior to meeting. If a user can’t answer basic questions clearly about the item he/she is selling, find a different seller.
- Before paying for sneaker and completing the transaction, inspect the item and check that everything matches the seller’s description.
- We also ask our community of users to help by flagging inappropriate content or users. If you believe another Sneakerdeck buyer/seller is offensive or attempting to deceive users on our app, please report this user immediately so we can investigate further and take appropriate action, which may include blocking that user. If you are defrauded by a user or feel your personal safety is threatened, contact your local police department immediately.